Thank you for your interest in becoming a volunteer with Pet Pal! Volunteering is a wonderful way to get involved with our community and know that you are making a difference and helping us achieve our mission.
VOLUNTEERING AT THE SHELTER:
Available hours for volunteering: 8 – 5 Tues.-Sat.
- Socialize, exercise and play with dogs of all sizes outdoors in the play yard, let dogs out and back into their kennels and supervise all dogs to maintain safety.*
- Clean any dirty kennels and dispose of any waste that is left by dogs in the yard.
- Assist with dishes, laundry and dog bathing as needed.
- Help with feeding.
- Dog volunteers must to able to handle large dogs, bend and stoop.
* After 4 weeks of service, you may be trained to walk dogs outside of the shelter.
- Socialize and play with cats & kittens and be aware of cat behavior.
- Spot clean litter boxes and tidy the cat room, making sure cats have toys and clean water.
- Assist with dishes and laundry as needed.
- Help with feeding.
- Cat volunteers must be able to bend and stoop.
- Mopping floors
- Cleaning dishes
- General cleaning
- Answering phones
- Shelter paperwork
VOLUNTEERING AT THE CLINIC:
Available hours for volunteering: 10-5 Monday through Friday and 9-12 Saturday
- Cleaning, laundry and possibly office duties
Pet Pal Veterinary Clinic
1900 34th Street South (U.S.19)
St. Petersburg, Florida 33711
VOLUNTEERING AT THE THRIFT STORE:
Available hours for volunteering: 10–5 Wednesday through Sunday
- Assist in thrift store operations as directed by store manager.
- Duties may include retail customer service & sorting, steaming or cleaning donation.
- Thrift store volunteers must be able to bend and lift 30 pounds.
Pet Pal Thrift Store
1500 34th Street North (U.S. 19)
St. Petersburg, Florida 33713
VOLUNTEERING TO FOSTER:
- Care for sick, injured, or very young animals in your home (usually 2-4 weeks).
VOLUNTEERING AT AN EVENT:
- Assist with representing Pet Pal at special events, usually on weekends.
- All Job Corp and court ordered Community Service will report directly to Scott Daly, Executive Director.
- Please bring your paperwork to the shelter during business hours for details.